4 Day Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve Safari
4 Day Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve Safari takes you to Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve, one of Uganda’s newly recognised tourist destinations with raw and beautiful scenery. Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve is joined to other two wildlife protected areas in the North-eastern part of Uganda that is to say the Matheninko and Bokora Wildlife Reserve and Mount Elgon national park to form the Mount Elgon Conversation Area which is managed Uganda Wildlife Authority with its mandate to conserve for future generations. Pian Upe has become one of the best tourist destinations in Uganda rich in wildlife.
Safari highlights of the Transfer to Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve
- Day 1: Transfer to Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve
- Day 2: Game drives and community visit
- Day 3: Another day in Pian Upe wildlife reserve
- Day 4: Return to Kampala
Detailed Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve
- Transfer to Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve: Depending on your location in Kampala, you will meet your safari guide to embark on your journey to the north eastern part of Uganda via Mbale town to connect to Pian Upe wildlife reserve. It is 8 hours’ drive via Mbale town with en-route lunch and refreshment stops. Upon arrival at the park late afternoon, proceed to your accommodation. You will either stay your own set up tent near the park headquarters or Uganda Wildlife Authority bandas for budget option or stay at Karamojong Overland Camp for mid-range option.
Day 2: Game drives and community visit
- Game drives and community visit: After your breakfast, set off for a morning game drive in the savannah plains to search for reserve residents including the cheetahs, Uganda’s only population of the Roan antelopes, the Elands, Zebras, Hartebeests, Oribis, Gunther’s Dik Dik, Uganda Kobs, Buffaloes, blue and Common Duiker and Impalas to mention a few. Return for lunch and later afternoon; visit a local Karamoja community close to the park for a rare cultural experience in dance and drama performances and also be able to learn more about the community. Before nightfall, return to your camp for dinner and overnight stay
Day 3: Another day in Pian Upe wildlife reserve – Nature walk
- Another day in Pian Upe wildlife reserve – Nature walk: After breakfast, meet your driver and connect for your hike to one of the stunning hills in the reserve, hiking to the Napedet caves. This cave is a popular ancient recreational point for the inhabitant who would gather here to engage in painting. When you visit, you will see odd paintings of Roan antelopes, giraffes, hartebeests, baboons which once roamed the reserve’s open plains. However, this hike requires physical fitness so you must be fit enough to hike.
Day 4: Return to Kampala
- Return to Kampala: After your early morning breakfast, set off very early back to Kampala. You safari guide will drop you off at a location you advise in Kampala/Entebbe.
End of the 4 Day Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve Safari